teaching english to lil cuties--esl tips, tricks, and stories

Thursday, March 16, 2006

rough day

man, i try to be pretty upbeat all the time, but today it was so hard to keep a smile.
i went into work already in a bad mood for personal reasons. usually if i go in when i'm in a funk, the kids quickly cheer me up. not today.
i'm sitting at the table, writing out some stuff in my planner, when mao walks in. no "hello!" no "good morning!" just "i don't like shannon." (in japanese)
i couldn't believe it. i turned to my assistant and said "did she just say 'i don't like shannon'?" my assistant confirms.
so she starts telling mao in japanese that that's not a very nice thing to say. and at the end she says "you like shannon, don't you?"
but mao shakes her head no.
i have no idea where this is coming from or why she said it. i do know that she always insists that it's the assistant who puts on her jacket or her bib, but i never thought too much of it. today it was really pissing me off.
fortunately, my assistant was taking my side on the whole thing and at lunch, she didn't put on mao's bib, leaving it for me to do. i knew what was going on so i went to put on the bib and mao insisted that the assistant do it. but she said that she was busy and mao was going to have to let me do it. she did, but then cried afterwards.
i'm so sad man. i have no idea what i did to deserve this. there were a few times today when i felt like crying myself. i mean, *everyone* loves shannon. what gives?


Tags: ,


Powered by Qumana


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home