teaching english to lil cuties--esl tips, tricks, and stories

Friday, March 17, 2006

introducing my assistant

at first i was thinking that i should hide her name to protect anonymity or something like that.
but now i'm feeling like it just seems plain weird to always be saying "my assistant" this and "my assistant" that. seems kind of haughty and unkind of me, as though she's not important.
which is so not the case.
my assistant is kana. she's totally awesome. we work so well together and have a really good vibe going in the classroom.
unfortunately, soon i will lose her. my boss is opening up a new nursery class soon and thought that it wasn't fair to have an experienced foreign teacher and an experienced japanese assistant in the same class while the new class had a brand new foreign teacher and brand new assistant. major major bummer. i was heartbroken when i found out.
i have met my new assistant and she seems pretty cool. i'm happy cuz i met some of the prospectives and wasn't very impressed. but seems that my boss tried to find someone who's a good match for me. i hope. she starts in april. we'll see how it goes.



Tags: ,


Powered by Qumana


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home