teaching english to lil cuties--esl tips, tricks, and stories

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

june's monthly songs

trying to keep up to date on this. here are the songs that we're doing for the month of june:
*the muffin man--walking around in a circle, then going in and out.
*heads, shoulders, knees and toes
*the freeze--great song that's dance-y and then has parts where the music stops and everyone freezes
*bingo
*you are my sunshine

the you are my sunshine one is pretty funny. i picked it because michi has been acting like it's one of his favorites. but the version that i picked has the second verse to it that goes:
"the other night, dear, while i was sleeping, i dreamt i held you in my arms. when i awoke though i was mistaken, so i hung, my head and cried."
and then of course i put my head down and do a big fake cry.
but turns out that tomo, one of the cutest lil girls who is always happy, is extremely empathetic. when i do this fake crying thing, she busts out into real tears because she can't handle the fact that i'm crying. it's really hard to get around this. especially since i think it's kind of funny.
Tags: ,


Powered by Qumana


1 Comments:

At 1:53 AM, Blogger B said...

We always "cheat" the lyrics with our toddler...

That second verse now goes:

"The other night, dear, while I was sleeping, I dreamt I held you in my arms. When I awoke, dear, I was so happy, so I sung this song so loud...You are my sunshine...etc."

Fixing the whole nursery rhyme about the ladybug and the fire was trickier! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home