teaching english to lil cuties--esl tips, tricks, and stories

Thursday, August 31, 2006

funny punishment

when i was a child and throwing a temper tantrum, my mom used to give me a great punishment...i had to go to my room "until i could come out with a smile on my face". i remember quite clearly being angry about this and eventually leaving my room with an obviously fake smile.
well, i've got a girl who throws temper tantrums. whenever she didn't get her own way. very spoiled only-child who has never had to share. she would drive me up a wall. i have no tolerance for that type of behavior.
of course, i also didn't have a room i could send her to until she could come out with a smile on her face.
but then one day i decided to ask her if she wanted to go sit in the corner until she could stop crying. she said no. so i said that i wanted to see her happy face.
she gave me that same "fuck you" smile that i used to give my own mother. it made me so happy.
and now it works every time.
Tags: ,


Powered by Qumana


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home