teaching english to lil cuties--esl tips, tricks, and stories

Thursday, April 27, 2006

stupid song #1

i come across a lot of stupid songs in my teaching and i've been meaning to write them down to share with the world just how stupid some kids songs are.
the following is an english translation of a japanese song:

acorn tumbled down a hill and jumped into a pond.
oh my oh my my oh what shall i do?
mr. mudfish came up to him with a friendly smile.
"hello acorn! would you play with me?!"

acorn loved his swimming friend and mudfish loved him too.
they had so much fun til acorn started to cry.
for acorn missed his home, yes way up on the hill.
and mr. mudfish didn't know what to do.

what a stupid ending for a song. i'm not joking. that's how it actually ends.now, aside from the fact that how much fun can they really be having when we're talking about an acorn, who can't swim and only sits there at the bottom of the pond, the moral of the story is what really gets my goat--don't leave your home. you will regret it. how stupid.
Tags:


Powered by Qumana


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home